Lily of the Valley – Part 9

Phew!

The berries that I’ve been watching turned orange before I have to go on hiatus.  I spent the last few early mornings photographing them and some of the leaves.  Am pretty satisfied with how things came out, but I’m irritated that a certain shot just won’t come crisp.  Given the lens I’m using and my previous results with it, I can’t understand why it’s not coming up sharp.  Bah.

Anyway, here’s what I do have –

Made in the Shade (OM 90mm f2 macro)

Ripening (OM 90mm f2 macro)

The light in the morning really brings out the warmth of the colors.  Yesterday the left over rain made that second image a tad more interesting.

Here is a look at how the leaves and the plants as a whole are looking.  Bedraggled about sums it up, but I like the color variations in the leaves themselves and think isolating parts of them still works.  Those weird spots on the upper middle leaf are spiders.  Will have to go out to investigate more.

Loner (OM 90mm f2 macro)

Convergence (OM 90mm f2 macro)

I really like that last one for some reason.  I think it’s the texture of the leaves.

Oh and look who stopped by to check out what I was doing.

The Veteran (OM 90mm f2 macro)

Even down to 6 legs it was still able to evade another daddy long legs that came by.

Anyway, I hope I can continue with this project, soon.  Although the plants aren’t getting any prettier I am committed to documenting them all the way to full die back.  It’s been a fun project and thanks for keeping up with it.

Advertisements

1. love that last one with the daddy long legs. It’s been an interesting project so far. 🙂

August 27, 2010 at 11:09 am

2. amazing detail…nice macro shots! 🙂

September 10, 2010 at 10:31 am

3. Miltiadis

Very nice shot, the truth is that every shot with this lens is superb. I just want to ask you which camera did you used?

October 19, 2010 at 11:21 am

• I pretty much exclusively use an Olympus E-30. I love it. The tilt and swivel LCD is a must for macro work. Thanks for the compliment.

October 19, 2010 at 3:00 pm

4. Miltiadis

OMG you have stellar results with a digitized body! I have e-3 and I will afford a few hundreds of dollars to buy this diamond! Thanx a lot for the info we want more photos from you!

October 19, 2010 at 3:06 pm

5. I waited almost 20 years to buy the OM 90mm. It’s the very last lens I’d give up. A gem. I hope you get one, too.

October 19, 2010 at 4:49 pm