Springing Forward

Hi peeps.

It’s me. The phantom photographer.

Funny how working full-time makes it hard to get out and shoot. I can’t just stop and go out when the light is nice. I can’t cancel meetings because it’s suddenly overcast and I could go to a waterfall. Even if I do have intentions of going out before or after working hours, I’m sometimes too tired to actually go.

Ugh.

I did yesterday though. I was at Pawtuckaway investigating the hepatica and other flowers and I shot some, but my batteries were so unused that they just died on me one by one. So drained they wouldn’t even register or power on the camera. But I knew I’d have to go back. The flowers last year were wicked pale, but this year are full to bursting with color.

See?

Are we the first ones here?

Aren’t they gorgeous?

Hopefully I have a few more in the memory card. It was very trying because my camera, despite factory service, has begun to flake on me. EXIF data says this was shot at f7.1. Uh. I don’t think so. The camera isn’t stopping the lens where I set it and I know this was shot wide open. It also wasn’t metering or firing properly. I have no idea what’s going on. I need to get a hold of Olympus again, but I’m betting my old E-30 is toast. Which bums me out like crazy. I like the dumb thing.

Anyway..stay tuned.

Advertisements

1. Nice composition and control of your background.

April 25, 2013 at 5:10 pm

2. Fabulous!

April 25, 2013 at 5:48 pm

3. ed_bltn

I am so sorry to hear about your extended trouble with the E-30. It sounds like they introduced a latent failure during the first repair, via ESD or corrosion. I hope the job is going well.

April 25, 2013 at 5:53 pm

4. Thanks everyone!
    I am bummed about the camera, that’s for sure. I don’t know what I’m going to do. Probably an OM-D even though the screen is not ideal for my microscape fixation. lol.

April 26, 2013 at 7:27 am

5. Besides the technical excellence of the photo, the vibrant blossom coming from the dead leaves speaks a powerful message… 🙂

April 26, 2013 at 11:36 am

6. I am so glad that you commented on my pattern photos, because I found your blog. Your photography is magnifique. I will have to go through and place a like on each one. I am a follower. Excellent work!

May 11, 2013 at 7:25 am